If you are a female motorcycle rider, you want to feel the excitement in the road and the gust of the wind. However, wearing a helmet is inevitable. You have to follow traffic regulations and avoid accidents.
A woman’s helmet should be functional and fashionable at the same time. Here are the 9 best women motorcycle helmets in the market.
- 1 Types of Motorcycle Helmets
- 2 Best Brands for Women’s Motorcycle Helmets
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Helmets for Women
- 4 A Review of the 9 Best Motorcycle Helmets for Women
- 4.1 ”Biohazard” Matte Pink Full Face Motorcycle Helmet by Triangle Helmet
- 4.2 Street Bike Racing Motorcycle Helmet for Women by Shoei
- 4.3 Full Face Helmet with Matte Finish and White and Pink Butterfly Design by IV2
- 4.4 Flip Up Motorcycle Full Face Motorcycle Helmet with Pink Butterfly Design for Women by XFMT
- 4.5 Mystic Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet by HJC
- 4.6 Metallic Street Racing Motorcycle Helmet by Shoei
- 4.7 Radium Helmet for Women by O’Neal
- 4.8 Unisex Matte Black Helmet by Scorpion
- 4.9 Floral Open Face Helmet with Sun Protector by LS2 Helmets
- 5 Things to Consider When Buying a Motorcycle Helmet for Women
- 6 Conclusion
Types of Motorcycle Helmets
There are many types of motorcycle helmets, so it is important that you know what type of helmet is fit to your style and riding needs.
Full Face Helmet
This kind of helmet gives full protection from noise and various weather conditions. In addition, your vision is well-protected from the wind because of its visor.
However, there are women who do not like this since it is a bit heavy and bulky. Some also feel that it gives too much coverage on the face.
Open Face Helmet
If you prefer more exposure for your face, you should consider getting this type. Because it leaves the face open, it is also known as a ¾ helmet.
You can communicate more easily, see better, and protect yourself from the weather. However, it does not provide good protection to the eyes since it does not have a visor.
This helmet is a combination of open face and full face types of helmet. Having a mobile chin bar, you can shift from using it as an open face helmet to a full face helmet.
One downside of using it is its weight.
Off Road Helmet
This is a helmet used for racing, so it has a sun visor, a vent specially made to let heat escape, and no face protection. To simplify, it is a full face helmet with more features.